Hiniker Company is a progressive manufacturer of agricultural
implements, snow and ice removal equipment and related electronic
All Hiniker employees receive a competitive total compensation
package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance,
and Short Term Disability, Vacation, PTO, and Holiday Pay.
Hiniker Company has a consistently contributed to employee's
401k plan for last 20+ years.
To apply for one of these open positions, please submit
your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com
Apply in Person at:
58766 240th Street
Mankato, MN 56001
Human Resources Manager
Manages all human resources programs related to employment,
compensation, communications and records maintenance.
Responsible for all benefit programs including recommending
plan design and handling vendor contracts and benefit administration
of the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages all aspects of the hiring process including recruiting,
interviewing, candidate selection, and employment letters,
coordinating with staffing agencies, drug screens, background
checks, and new hire orientation, to ensure legal and non-discriminatory
- Assists in managing the company's employee safety and hazardous
material compliance programs ensuring the highest level of
employee safety and governmental compliance.
- Maintains safety program and committee.
- Assists in the investigation of workplace accidents and
injuries, and reports injuries to the company's insurance
- Administers employee benefits plans including annual and
new hire enrollments, changes and terminations, reviewing
invoices for accuracy, and HIPAA compliance.
- Maintains accurate employee records including, but not limited
to, legally required documentation, personnel actions, performance
evaluations, disciplinary actions, insurance plans, retirement
plans and other miscellaneous documentation.
- Advises and assists Company managers and supervisors in
documenting and managing personnel issues including, but not
limited to, hiring decisions, performance evaluations, disciplinary
actions, leaves of absence and terminations.
- Monitors the performance appraisal process ensuring each
employee receives a performance plan and that any wage or
salary adjustment is commensurate with the appraisal.
- Coordinates the accurate completion and timely filing of
governmental reporting requirements including, but not limited
to OSHA, workers' compensation, and benefit plans.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related termination
documentation and conducts exit interviews.
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality regarding employee
records, company processes, customer product development,
company finances, and all other 'company private' information.
- Assists with the coordination of company sponsored employee
- Prepares reports and manages miscellaneous projects relating
to human resource management.
- All other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, or the
equivalent in experience;
- Minimum of 5-years Generalist experience in HR or management
occupations, preferably in a manufacturing environment;
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP certification is preferred.
Required Knowledge & Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR principals including employment
- Knowledge of employee benefits plans and benefits administration.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and recordkeeping and reporting
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with a wide
variety of personality styles.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to effectively handle
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel and Word.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention
- Maintain utmost discretion required to handle confidential
- Ability to work independently to solve problems, organize
and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as benefits
plans, legal documents, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Light to moderate physical effort required.
- Frequently required to talk and hear. Position requires
use of telephone.
- Frequently is required to sit; often required to stand and
walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools,
or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Â Position requires frequent use of a computer monitor.
- Work performed mainly in office environment. Occasionally
work may be performed in shop environment: exposed to dust,
odors, fumes, heat, loud noise and other elements.
- Use of proper protective equipment as required or recommended
in shop area: eye protection, hearing protection, safety footwear.
WE ARE ALWAYS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR:
Full-Time (Non-Exempt): Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm
PLEASE CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES FOR MORE DETAILS
Jennifer Allen, SHRM-CP, PHR
Human Resources Manager
58766 240th Street
P.O. Box 3407
Mankato, MN 56002-3407
An Equal Opportunity Employer