Anhydrous Ammonia Knife Monitor
The Hiniker Nitro-Lert anhydrous ammonia knife monitor system alerts operators to individual blocked manifold outlets, lines or knives. In-line sensors for each outlet monitor for flow variations and alert the operator to potential problems.
A user-friendly in-cab monitor panel displays the status of up to 80 individual outlets. If a malfunction is detected, an audible alarm is sounded and the display indicates which line is blocked. The operator then has the choice of correcting or ignoring the problem.
The Nitro-Lert system works independently of any other monitor or rate control systems that may be installed. Factory-issued installation guidelines should be followed to assure optimum performance with your particular set-up.
Typical problems identified by Nitro-Lert users include:
- Nitro-Lert detected a plugged knife that occurred when the operator turned off the flow to one section of the applicator. When the section was turned back on, one of the knives had plugged with dirt, blocking flow and triggering a Nitro-Lert notification.
- Broken knives. Nitro-Lert detected a variation in flow through the broken knife and alerted the operator to the problem.
- Nitro-Lert detected partial blockage caused by welding slag that was left in the knife tubes during the manufacturing process.
With a Nitro-Lert system you'll detect problems as they occur, while they can be corrected!
NITRO-LERT ALERTS THE OPERATOR:
• When a knife is plugged or partially blocked.
• When a manifold outlet is plugged or partially blocked.
INDEPENDENT FREE-STANDING SYSTEM
• In-cab bar graph display constantly monitors each manifold outlet.
• Audible alarm alerts operator of malfunction.
• User-friendly interface.